etch release target: SELinux?? (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Monday 14 March 2005 05:45, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Further plans for etch
> ----------------------

[...]

> Meanwhile, much of the release team's energy will be focused on
> coordinating the many major changes that are sure to hit the archive
> shortly after sarge's release.  We already know of a number of major
> package changes coming up: gcc 4.0, python 2.4, xorg-x11 6.8.2, apt 0.6.
> If you are planning any other transitions that will affect a lot of
> packages, please let us know in advance.  We will need to complete the
> larger transitions as fast as possible, to get testing back into a
> nearly releasable state quickly again after the release.

Just that it is not lost: SELinux soft support (patched utilities available in
main). There seems to be a repository that mostly works (I'm not in the loop
about currentness though) and it'd is probably an important step forward to
bringing SELinux more into the mainstream.

Russell is probably in a better position to comment on the feasibility though.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*