On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:02:07 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
[...]
> This would be a lot like the current amd64 effort, but with more
> formalized procedures. If the porters can't do it, their arch won't
> block the release process, but if they work hard enough, they can
> release together with the main architectures - and on the same code
> base, which would easen security support.

I certainly like the idea of updating the main distribution w/ porter
fixes at some point; whether it's before the release (which could put a
strain on RMs, introduce potentially destabilizing changes during a
freeze, etc), or after a release (debian 3.2 is released, followed by
3.2r1, which includes security fixes as well as a bunch of changes needed
by porters for various architectures; well tested fixes, as well, for
people using stable w/ stable-proposed-updates in their sources.list doing
the testing).