Re: status of buildds?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:51:23PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> The s390 porting team can perfectly well do what the hurd-i386 porting
> team does: build them themselves.  I mean, umm, you don't have to be
> hooked into w-b to upload packages.

I believe the wanna-build admins don't want builds that have neither
been suitably tested (such as the build that accompanies the source in
the maintainer's upload) nor built by one of the official buildds to be
uploaded.

The main reason, AIUI, is that such builds tend to result in a higher
proportion of broken packages, partly because the people doing such
builds tend to be less up on problems in the tool chain for the arch.

That said, I don't believe I've seen a public, first-hand statement to
that effect. I think such a statement would be very useful to clear up
the confusion on the subject.

Thanks
Ian