Re: Vancouver meeting - clarifications

Marc Haber wrote:
> The architectures you plan to release have a working installer,
> anaconda, for years. d-i was developed to allow release of all
> architectures. You are dropping that requirement, flushing all d-i
> efforts down the drain.

I didn't design d-i, begin to implement it, or lead the d-i project
because anaconda lacked support for architecture $FOO. I did so because
I saw the need for a unique installer to be developed for Debian that
met all of its needs. Supporting many architectures is only perhaps 10%
of those needs.

Also, the d-i team has no plans to drop d-i support for any
architectures whether they're in SCC or not.

--
see shy jo