* Reinhard Tartler

| On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:11:01 +0100, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
| > * Hamish Moffatt
| >
| > | OK, that makes sense. Can you buy those architectures new? (Surely yes
| > | in the case of s390 at least, probably mipsel also as the mips CPU
| > | manufacturers are alive and well.)
| >
| > root@eetha:~# uname -a
| > Linux eetha 2.4.29 #1 Fri Mar 4 02:35:42 EST 2005 mips unknown
| >
| > This was bought about a week ago; a linksys WRT54GS.
|
| Please be serious. Did you really manage to get debian running on that
| hardware?

Not yet, but I intend to.  A friend of mine runs Gentoo on his Linksys
Network Storage Link, but it has an USB interface so it doesn't have
storage limitations the way the WRT54GS has.

(My post was answering the question «can you get hardware for those

| I also bought that hardware, and find it quite useful, but NOT for
| running debian on it. The wrt hardware is too restricted for a
| fullblown glibc :(

NFS root for the Debian system ought to work just fine.  (So using
both OpenWRT and Debian.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-