Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>

> Let's focus on making the plan useful, rather than
> treating it as a final pronouncement, shall we?

Here is one concrete proposal for making the plan useful: Remove the
language about SCC's being "unstable only", and instead put in

| SCC's will not have "testing" and "stable" distributions that are
| kept in sync with the "testing" and "stable" suites of the
| releaseable distributions. However, porting teams are free to create
| pseudo-releases that may not meet all of the stability and support
| requirements of a genuine Debian release, or that are delayed behind
| the official Debian release date.
|
| The use of the main package archive as staging areas for such
| pseudo-releases (beyond the current "unstable" and "experimental"
| suites) will depend on appropriate patches for DAK being
| contributed, as well as the porting teams supplying the necessary
| manpower to cover the daily operation of such additions.

That would not close the door on lesser architectures like the current
text does, and would still leave the main release and ftpmaster teams
to care about the main architectures only.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Monsieur, vous êtes fou."