Hi, David Nusinow wrote:

> This does not preclude porters from making a stable release. In fact, all
> the talk I've heard assumes that they will (via the snapshot method).

Anybody can do a snapshot release of Debian. They usually call it
something else, though.

What I'd like to see is actual support for tracking the mainline Debian
archives. For one, that will make security support *much* easier.

Today, since the mainline releases Testing, this means that Testing needs
to be tracked by all architectures. That can be done on an ongoing basis,
which makes sense since we need to build Unstable packages anyway, or by
building everything that's changed during the last N months at release
time.

Since IMHO Testing has other advantages too, I'd prefer the former
solution.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de