Re: Alternative: Source-Centric Approach [w/code]

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:25:23AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> So, what do you think?  Could this work?

I like the idea a lot.  What I'd like to see is a way to do a
cross-platform build for the small system targets.  I do a lot of ARM
work: low-performance, resource limited targets.

Frankly, this is something I'm actively working on.  I agree that the
Debian infrastructure shouldn't be required to do all of the building.
It would be helpful, though, if there was support for other arch's to
be built efficiently by the users of those arches.