Re: Using Debian funds (was .d.o machines which are down (Re: Questions for the DPL candidates))

* Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> [2005-03-15 16:47]:
> The problem isn't there, it's that we're not used to spending Debian
> funds when we need to. This has already been discussed a couple of
> weeks ago :)

Where was this and what should we (have) spent money on?

(I'm not sure what you refer to.  The only thing I can think of is
possibly Alioth, but I'm not convinced buying a new machine will help
at this stage.  costa is doing pretty well right now and HP has
committed to a new box by summer/fall).

> We shouldn't rely on sponsors when it comes to small things like one
> or two disks for a buildd or another machine. That, we can pay for,
> definitely.

And we have done so in the past.  If there is a warranted need to buy
stuff or spend Debian money or other things, please do not hesitate to
mail leader@d.o.  We do make quite bad use of our monetary resources
at the moment and this is partly because nobody is requesting money
for useful stuff.

Also see the mail to -project (Subject: Re: Debian-Edu developer
meeting in Nafplion, Greece) I'll post in the next hour.
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org