Re: SCC proposal (was: Re: Questions for the DPL candidates)

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 12:59, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> My main gripe with the proposal, as it currently stands, is that it
> provides a solution for problems that haven't been discussed in detail,
> without much space for improvements.

I agree. I think there is a spectrum of measures that could be taken to lessen
the impact of a particular architecture on the release process. This proposal
seems to be a rather nuclear option and I can't support it in it's current
form. If we get a concrete list of problems then we can move incrementally
towards fixing them rather than alienating a large proportion of the project
- while the users of these arches may be few, we should not forget that a
quite large percentage of Debian developers are with the project because it
supports their pet architecture.