Re: [Proposal] Upgrade newraff hardware

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 02:55 -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:05:13AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Hello Debian developers,
> >
> > It had come several times that one major problem is the load of
> > wanna-build connection on newraff, and the time and memory it take
> > to run the testing scripts.
> >
> > Debian certainly has enough goodwill to get a donation of a couple of
> > really fast box with lots of RAM, and has enough money to buy them
> > anyway.  Especially a box with SSL exchange hardware support could be
> > useful.
>
> Sounds like it's already quite powerful:
>
> Processor: Dual Intel P4 Xeon 2.8Ghz
> Memory: 6Gb

Given sufficient load, even that can be insufficient.  A quad-
Opteron (in 32-bit mode, of course) would be sweet.

> Disk space: 735Gb [6x147Gb RAID 5]
> Bandwidth: 100Mbit colocated LAN

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"There is no maxim in my opinion which is more liable to be
misapplied, and which therefore needs elucidation than the
current one that the interest of the majority is the political
standard of right and wrong.... In fact it is only reestablishing
under another name a more specious form, force as the measure of
right...."
James Madison, 1786