On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:38:29PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

> And keeping IA64 in the loop is just another joke from the release
> team. It'd be interesting to find out, but I bet more m68ks were sold
> than IA64 last year.

Which of these two architectures are you more likely to be able to run a
current 2.6 kernel on, BTW?

You do know that m68k is the only architecture still carrying around
2.*2* kernels in sarge?

The inclusion of ia64 in the release count is a projection, based on
where I believe things are today.  Nothing the release team is doing
ensures that ia64 is going to be a viable port, a year from now when
we're trying to release etch; and nothing says that one or more of the
other ports won't be in a position to meet those criteria and get added
to the release list.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer