On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 21:49 +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >> As I understand it, SCC *binaries* get their own domain / mirrors /
> >> everything, but the *source* shall be shared with the main archive.
> >
> > Uh. Not if you want to distribute any GPLed material.
>
> The FSF doesn't consider this a problem:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCSourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites

It's not clear that an FTP site really satisfies that, and it's also the
case that this is the FSF's interpretation rather than being the one
that all GPL copyright holders hold. I'd worry that we might fall foul
of some (seemingly valid) GPL interpretations.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org