Supporting tier-2 (was Re: COUNT(buildd) IN (2,3))

On Monday 14 March 2005 17:39, Frank Küster wrote:
> David Schmitt <david@schmitt.edv-bus.at> schrieb:
> > On Monday 14 March 2005 16:27, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> >> Not when the alternate choice is to not have Debian support $ARCH at
> >> all.
> >
> > Please cite where this was proposed. I read the original Nybbles mail
> > (and a part of the current thread) but couldn't find the "at all" bit.
>
> No testing, no release, no security support.  For me, that is so close
> to "not support at all" that I hardly see the difference.

No testing and release support by the current RMs and no security support by
the current security team. Any interested developer should be able to pick up
where the current powers that be have given up.

> I would see things different if it was "Not part of the main testing
> procedure" (using a different scheme), "Not necessarily released when
> the tier 1 arches are released", "No support for tier 2 arches by the
> tier 1 release managers and security teams, but we offer Debian
> infrastructure for yet-to-form RM and Security teams for each tier 2
> arch".

Those points either require coding (which cannot be forced upon anyone) or are
not forbidden by the authors of the Nybbles proposal.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*