Re: COUNT(buildd) IN (2,3) (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

This one time, at band camp, Sven Luther said:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:03:30PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> >
> > Thus the problem is less in the development and more in the support
> > of testing requirements (all arches in sync) and stable support
> > (security response time). Therefore the N<=2 requirement is only
> > needed for tier-1 arches but not for the tier-2 which will not
> > officially release a stable.
>
> What is the detailed reasoning for this requirement anyway ?

I thought that was fairly clear - a 12 day build of a security fix is
unacceptable, especially since it hampers getting that fix out the door
for everyone else.

> And would a ten-way redundant distcc cluster count as one machine ?

I would certainly interpret it that way, and hopefully the people behind
the proposal would as well.

Take care,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |