Re: COUNT(buildd) IN (2,3) (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:03:30PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> Thus the problem is less in the development and more in the support of testing
> requirements (all arches in sync) and stable support (security response
> time). Therefore the N<=2 requirement is only needed for tier-1 arches but
> not for the tier-2 which will not officially release a stable.

Why can we just not relax these requirements, and m68k people get their
kde security updates 12 days after everyone else does, because that is a
fact of life on m68k?

Moreover, perhaps we ought to rethink the "all arches in sync" rules for
testing a bit; maybe it's OK if some archs aren't in sync.

-- John