Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:25:33PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > More machines can catch up faster than few can do.
> > When one machine out of a dozen machines is unavailable, it has less impact
> > than one machine failure out of two machines, although the chances will
> > raise that a machine will fail somewhen with more machines. But the impact
> > is less critical...
> If you take a look at
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week-big.png, you can e.g. see for
> mipsel exactly at which date the slow and at which the fast machine
> became available again. The fast machine alone is able to keep up with
> the usual upload rates.

And? Where's the conflicting part of what I've said?

If you go back just long enough in time, you would see that there was a time
when kullervo had no problems with keeping up at all. And then you see that
arrakis helped kullervo in doing that job.
And coming back to today, you'll notice that m68k has no problems with
keeping up at all.

Spot the differences to other archs yourself.

BTW: don't forget to apply the passwords to your buildds for status updates.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/