Re: Shouldn't kernel-image-2.6.x-y-z depend on alsa-base ?

On 07-Mar-05, 11:06 (CST), Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> And the workaround we use for this bug is to blacklist one module when
> two of them provide the same functionality. The blacklists are in the
> alsa-base package, which should then be installed when ALSA modules are
> present.

Why are the blacklists not in hotplug and/or discover, where the real
problem is? This is a serious question: Is there some reason that having
a module in the blacklist would cause a problem if the module wasn't
actually present?

I a little concerned that we've worked around to a situation where
having the kernel require audio packages is seen a legitimate
solution...

Steve

--
Steve Greenland