Statically linked binaries from fpc

Hi,

maintaining m-tx, I would like to move from the p2c generated C sources
to the original upstream Pascal sources (better suited for patches,
development, design, etc.).

m-tx is written in a Turbo Pascal dialect that can only be compiled with
fpc (not gpc).

Unfortunately, fpc in Debian produces statically linked binaries, due to
the Pascal unit style library files. We currently don't have other
packages in the archive that Build-Depend on fp-compiler (except fpc
itself which indeed carries statically linked binaries) as examples.

Any suggestions? Should I just upload it that way?

Thanks in advance!

bye,
  Roland