Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

Le Lun 21 Février 2005 14:13, Peter Samuelson a écrit :
> [Pierre Habouzit]
>
> > I mean that you have no way to say for huge source packages : you
> > only need to build this , this, this and this pacakge. since the
> > changes I've made won't affect the others.
>
> As far as mirror bandwidth goes (including end user bandwidth *from*
> the mirrors), that's a problem for rsync/zsync to solve.

yes and no

because when you build a new package :
1- binary backages do not have the same name (so rsync/apt-get are lost)
2- if you build them for real, they won't be exactly the same (think
   of /usr/share/doc/your-package/changelog.Debian.gz e.g.)

anyway, I'm not sure we really want to do such things ...
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O