Re: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space]

Clint Byrum <cbyrum@spamaps.org> wrote:

> Now, can someone please tell me how messages like the one below, and
> others, aren't indicative that debian should drop s390, mipsel, and
> maybe hppa from the list of architectures? How about we release for
> i386, sparc, and powerpc, and let the others release on their own
> schedule?
[...]
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 05:49:24PM +0100, Aurélien Jarno wrote:
>> GTK+2.0 version 2.6.2 has been recently uploaded and it seems to fail to
>> build on some buildds because they ran out of space. Currently it is the
>> case of sparc, arm and s390 buildds.

If the build fails on sparc, arm, and s390, how should this be
indicative that we should drop s390, mipsel, and hppa?

[Steve Langasek]

> Do you know how much build space might be saved by disabling the
> testsuite for static libs on all architectures, instead of just on the
> mipsen?

Or because there might be a simple way to solve the problem?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich