Re: please post listing and status of NEW queue

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 08:46:19AM +0100, Igor Genibel wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2005 20:56, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > One purpose of the new.html on newraff is to have less (or none)
> > script running on merkel that wastes CPU cycles playing around with
> > .changes files. Merkel is the wrong place for such stuff. :) (And
> > merkel is updated only once a day, so it makes not much sense to run
> > scripts hourly there, just to have mentioned that).
>
> I have never said that I will recompute the page but only integrate a per
> developer extract from this result. As most of information provided by
> qa.d.o/developer.php :)

FWIW, I think developer.php gives a useful DDPO, but I'm a bit puzzled
why also some kinds of per-developer or even per-package information is
all also generated from developer.php. The file as it is is already
quite large, I think it can better be in a new 'new.php' or something,
if you really want to add it, as it probably hardly shares any code from
developer.php (and if it does, that should IMHO be refactored into a
include file).

Similar for per-package popcon, per-maintainer wnpp, per-package
excuses: I think they are better off in separate files, and not in one
big php script behaving completely different depending on arguments.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl