Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

* John Hasler

| William Ballard writes:
| > The exim4 config asks you if you want itty bitty or one monolothic config
| > file.  It offers you the option of doing it the upstream way.
|
| Does it tell you which is the upstream way?  Most new users won't know.

 The Debian exim4 packages can either use a single monolithic file
 (/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template) or about 40 small files in
 /etc/exim4/conf.d/ to generate the final configuration.
 .
 The former is better suited for large modifications and is generally
 more stable, whereas the latter offers a comfortable way to make
 smaller
 modifications but is more fragile and might break if modified
 extensively.
 .
 If you are unsure then you should not use split configuration.

I think the last point sums it up -- use monolithic configuration if
you don't understand what the question is about.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-