Re: please post listing and status of NEW queue

Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@v7w.com> wrote:

> It's now redirected to http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

The new page looks really clean and easy to read.  Thanks to everyone
who participated in making it available.  I like the "Age" column, but
I think it's still useful to know the actual date when something was
uploaded.  This would be less useful if we didn't see things in months
(where one can't tell how close to two three months or one month
something that says two months is), but as long as we do, it would be
useful.  Just my $0.02.

When something is uploaded multiple times, does the age count from the
date of the first upload or of the last upload?  I've always wondered
whether doing a subsequent upload after the first one went into NEW
"resets the clock" on ftp-master approval.  My policy has been to do
an upload to experimental for any existing source package with a new
binary package and to not do any further uploads to experimental until
it gets approved.  This way, uploads without the new binary package
can proceed to unstable without risking resetting the clock.  Once the
package is approved, I would turn around and immediately upload to
unstable.  (See tiff for an example.)  Do you happen to know whether
this procedure makes a difference?  (I realize, of course, that
generating information from the package list in NEW does not imply
knowledge of the order in which ftp-masters approve or reject
packages.)

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/