Re: Which group to use for system users (adduser bug #290623)

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 10:03:18AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am asking for discussion about bug #290623. The bug basically says
> that it is a bad idea to generate system accounts with primary group
> "nogroup", which I feel is a valid report.

(...)

If it's a system user, I would say that creating a system group just for
him (like it's done when using USERGROUPS in adduser) is the best approach,
regardless of wether that is done for regular users or not. Sharing system
groups (i.e. 'sys') is just like having system accounts using a 'nogroup'
system group. IMHO.

Regards

Javier