Re: eleventh-hour transition for mysql-using packages related to apache

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 02:34:07PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
> These four packages also link against both libpam and libmysqlclient10
> and might experience segfaults when accessing MYSQL over PAM with
> libpam-mysql if libpam-mysql switched to libmysqlclient12:
>
> linesrv-mysql, pure-ftpd-mysql, proftpd-mysql and courier-authmysql
>
> I am saying /might/ as it is entirely possible that one or more of
> these link against libpam without using it.
>
> (The two mentioned ftp daemons probably cannot switch to -12, as they
> link against libssl.)

For what concern proftpd, it does not use libpam-mysql at all,
so I see no problem for that.

I can confirm for proftpd-mysql/libssl issue.

Me was one that asked MySQL people to consider libssl for the new FLOSS,
without results. At least they included explicitly links to
opensource.org and FSF for licenses, else that FLOSS would be also more bad now.
Currently, I cannot move to libmysqlclient12. I would see if gnutls can
be used instead of libssl, but some modules are not supported upstream
in that way (e.g. mod_ldap). Grrrr.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine