Re: Debian mirror scripts

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 05:27:11PM +0100, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

> Am 30.01.2005 um 16:29 schrieb Marc Haber:
>
> >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:54:16 +0100, Cajus Pollmeier <cajus@naasa.net>
> >wrote:
> >>I'm looking for a script that regenerates Packages* and Release
> >>files for a complete mirror. Due to some installer development, I
> >>currently need to switch the mirrors during installation in order to
> >>get up to date packages.
> >
> >Have a look at the debpool package.
>
> Ah. Will do. Seems to be in experimental and the description is
> matching ;-)

<hat mode="on" type="maintainer" type="author" package="debpool"/>

Glad folks are finding it useful. There's still a bunch of work to be done
on it before I consider it a (semi-) finished work, and thus it lives in
experimental rather than unstable; when it goes to 1.0, I'll upload it to
sid. However, that shouldn't be read to imply that folks can't or shouldn't
use it as it is - just that I don't (yet) guarantee it does all the nice
things I want it to do.

One thing to be aware of with this usage is that Debpool is (currently)
aimed at handling private-upload archives, which means it expects a changes
file, which can sometimes be interesting to get from the main archive. The
--rebuild-files option will rebuild the Packages, Sources, and Release
files (and compressed/signed versions of the same, if you have those
options turned on) from the information stored in the meta files in the
pool. I have not yet implemented a "rebuild all meta files" option, though
if folks want it, feel free to file a wishlist bug. This would let you
drop stuff straight into pool/ and then trigger a full file rebuild.

Alternatively, grab the relevant *.changes file (say, off of the changes
list or out of the mail archive), and drop it into incoming along with
the files from the main archive; that should work just fine (modulo being
careful about signed changes files if you have 'require_sigs_meta' turned
on).

Speaking of which, it's probably time I uploaded the next version
(though it's largely cosmetic fixes to some annoying bits)...
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :