Re: eleventh-hour transition for mysql-using packages related to apache

On 2005-01-28 Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> It would also probably be a good idea to transition these packages at the
> same time:

>   dovecot-common
>   exim4-daemon-heavy
>   libnss-mysql
>   libnss-mysql-bg
>   libpam-mysql
>   libsasl2-modules-sql
[...]

Hello,
These four packages also link against both libpam and libmysqlclient10
and might experience segfaults when accessing MYSQL over PAM with
libpam-mysql if libpam-mysql switched to libmysqlclient12:

linesrv-mysql, pure-ftpd-mysql, proftpd-mysql and courier-authmysql

I am saying /might/ as it is entirely possible that one or more of
these link against libpam without using it.

(The two mentioned ftp daemons probably cannot switch to -12, as they
link against libssl.)
              cu andreas
PS: This is all about "would also probably be a good idea..." in
Steve's original mail, I have not said anything
substantial/useful/worthy to read about the rest of it. ;-)
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/