Re: apply to NM? ha!

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 11:26, Helen Faulkner
<helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I do not believe that being thick-skinned enough to cope with people who
> are very agressive or insulting should be a requirement for involvement
> in Debian.  Sadly, it seems to me that this is effectively the case.
> Shouldn't we be more interested in someone's technical skills, and their
> ability to work well with others?

What makes you think that Debian is unique in this regard?  Have you never
been to a conference dinner where Rusty's flame collection is on display?

For those of you who don't know Rusty has a fine collection of flames (and
other silly messages) written to some very skillful Linux programmers.  You
can write excellent code and be nice and still get flamed a lot.  This is
just something you have to deal with.

Children have problems with this sort of thing, adults are supposed to be able
to deal with it.

Anyone who can't deal with being flamed should not be permitted to drive a
car.  Other drivers will do offensive things, if you can't deal with it then
you can't drive safely and are a threat to the life of everyone on the road.