Re: library packaging doc...

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:54:07AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I was kind of waiting for inclusion into the developers reference,
> but the text format is different.
>
> libpkg-guide is written in docbook XML while
> developers reference is written in DebianDoc SGML.

Could you please consider contributing this to the DDP and adding it to the
DDP CVS? I'd rather not have Debian Documentation in all sort of different
places, specially documentation written by DDs. And the DDP is the proper
place to both provide this (through the CVS, which gets built and published
in Debian's website) and submit bugs to (through the virtual 'debian-doc'
package)

> Considering that enough people seem to be feeling the
> itch for libpkg-guide package, and since I would
> consider using the BTS etc. for revision management
> of libpkg-guide, I might go around packaging it as a
> Debian package.

The DDP does not have currently a virtual BTS entry (like www.debian.org)
but one could be set up if needed for documents there.

Regards

Javier