Re: More on icons for packages

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:52:48AM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> I think the point is we don't want to be stuck we xpm till eternity.
> Especially because we have window/desktop managers that support better
> formats like png or svg for example and programs supplying them.

svg icons are already a reality and there is nothing in the
documentation on where they should be placed. Note that I am not
suggesting that other formats should be dropped, simply that policy
include information on their proper location, etc., so that people
using something modern, like gnome, will be able to use them.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org