Re: library packaging doc...

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:37:18PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:

 > IIRC there were some people who objected to some of the contents of
 > the document. But even for those it is probably better to have a
 > Debian package - if it's important, the discussion will take place in
 > bug reports, instead of not taking place.

 I haven't read the document in question in a rather long time, so I
 can't actually object (on some sort of serious basis, I mean), but I
 would nevertheless request that the document be handed to the -english
 mailing list for proofreading *before* it's uploaded as a package and
 that a big "THIS IS A *GUIDE*" banner be stamped on it.  The last thing
 I want is people complaining that libfoo doesn't follow some chapter
 and verse of said guide under the impression that it is somehow
 "correct", "standard" or "mandatory".

 Marcelo