Re: Debian MIA structure

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> [2005-01-23 01:31]:
>> > And finally, are there plans to update the Developer's Reference to
>> > reflect this change in standard procedure?
>>
>> Yes, while this procedure hasn't really been discussed much, it's now
>> just de-facto how it happens.
>
> There's some information in the README of the MIA scripts at
> http://cvs.debian.org/mia/README?cvsroot=qa and in my paper about
> inactive maintainers at
> http://www.cyrius.com/publications/michlmayr-mia.html

I have read both, but it is still unclear to me what I should do as
somebody not involved in QA who just wants to know about a particular
maintainer.

Should I send mail to him, and a copy to mia-<him>@qa.d.o, or should I
just send a question to mia@qa.d.o? And what is going to happen - is the
event just logged in your mia database, or is some human being going to
answer me "We don't know anything about him", "Others have asked, too;
he's probably MIA" or "No, how come you think? He's very active with
package a and b, and on IRC"?

Furthermore, what is the proposed action if I know (from the LDAP
database) that the maintainer in question has shown some action, but I
still think that he has lost interest in a particular package (and, of
course, doesn't answer mail about it)?

TIA, Frank
--
Frank Küster