Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 22:34:12 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> every parent [1] will have to go through the list of available comics,
> evaluate them and disable them.

They'll have to do this anyway if they're not satisfied with whatever
the defaults are.

> [... scheme for blocking based on collections ...]
>  -> collections might group the available comics according to subject/style/
> genre/language/... which would be more broadly applicable then just kid
> friendliness (e.g. user only wants Dutch comics/ doesn't want comics
> dealing with religion, ...)

This all seems like major overkill. Does anyone really need this kind of
fine-grained control over disabling comic modules? If you just want
Dutch comics, then don't download anything except Dutch comics; the
typical use case is to run "dosage -c @" from a cronjob, which will
update the comics that are already present in your comics directory.

Categorization along these lines is quite a subjective issue; perhaps
having comics organized into categories is useful, but I'm not sure that
supporting it along the lines you've described is worth the complexity.