Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:13:30PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> >> No, not at all. What's the difference between "dosage", being
> >> installable only by root, and "dosage-boring" plus "dosage-offensive",
> >> being installable only by root? If you care so much about your
> >> childrens' computer usage, for sure you won't install any software
> >> without proper checking that it is okay on the family computer?
> >
> > We're both saying the same thing.
>
> I am saying that there is no reason why dosage should not be included in
> Debian, or why it would need to be split, because splitting wouldn't
> change anything.

The OP wants the offensive parts split off in a separate package. He
doesn't want dosage removed from the archive. And splitting does indeed
change something. If his kids are not root they cannot install the
"offensive" part. They might find some way around the restrictions (eg.
download them directly thru a proxy or something) but this will raise
the bar somewhat. I do not understand why you keep stating things all
through this thread that seem to deliberately ignore exactly what the OP
is asking.

greets,
Wim