Re: scripts to download porn in Debian?

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 14:05 +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op di, 25-01-2005 te 06:00 -0600, schreef Ron Johnson:
> > On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:15 +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > > * Ron Johnson

> > > Then they should supervise their child's use of the computer.  Relying
> > > on Debian as some sort of filter for not letting a child see or read
> > > something some parent might consider harmful is stupid.
> >
> > I thought like you until my kids grew to an age where supervising
> > every waking minute of their lives is quite impossible.
>
> So you want Debian to supervise your kids every waking minute of their
> lives instead?

Did I say that?  No.

Making it easier for me to give them age-appropriate comics (by
having fortune-like multiple packages) isn't too much, is it?

> Yes, it is indeed possible to supervise them every waking minute of
> their lives. You should thus focus your efforts on making them
> understand why $ACTION is "wrong", instead of trying to prevent them
> from doing $ACTION. To minors, the forbidden act is tempting; the
> "wrong" act is not.

But if MadamAndEve is not on the list of supported comics that
I've installed for dosage, then there's no need to explain.
Parenting is already busy enough trying to help them understand
why any number of $ACTIONs are "wrong", why would I want to add
any more?

NOTE that I thing that packaging dosage is a *good* idea!  It
would be better, though, if the the supported-cartoon list could
be broken up into multiple packages.  That's all I'm saying.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The chief excitement in a woman's life is spotting women who are
fatter than she is."
Helen Rowland