[OT] Re: NEW queue and ftp-master approval

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 01:40 -0600, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 01:06 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > Details were a bit scetchy there on irc too. I would rather have an
> > > ftp-master say what is actualy going on then repeat speculations.
> >
> > Sounds(*) like the paranoid rantings of a W-hater.
>
> Sounds like the nationalistic rantings of someone ignorant of US law.

Hmmmm
- I love my (imperfect) country.
- The Federal Register is Very Large.
- I've been to many other countries

But as to the need to inform some bureaucracy: yes, I was wrong
in my characterization.

> (But then, Clinton never did anything worth knowing anyway, did he?)

What does that have to do with irrational hatred of W?

(NOTE: I stopped saying that I "hated" The Clintons when I worked
for someone who really *did* hate The Clintons.  She was *scary*
when she started talking politics...)

But since this is way OT, any replies should be off-list.

> It's not hard to find information about the measures Debian has taken
> for crypto export compliance, which do involve sending information a
> government mailbox (albeit one that probably goes unread) about our
> exports:
> 	http://lwn.net/2002/0328/a/deb-crypto.php3

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If you disregard people's motives, it becomes much harder to
foresee their actions."
George Orwell