Re: Dependencies on kernel-image-x.y [was: NPTL support in kernel 2.4 series]

Le dimanche 23 janvier 2005 à 02:56 +0000, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> Your package doesn't depend on Linux 2.6. Your package depends on NPTL.
> The only NPTL implementation Debian provides is in Linux 2.6, but users
> may have built their own 2.4 kernel with NPTL patches. You should depend
> on what you actually require, and if the package management system
> doesn't allow you to express that dependency you should document it
> instead.

This is just insane. What if we removed all dependencies on
mail-transport-agent, just because the user can install a random MTA by
himself ? Why not remove all dependencies, while we're at it? The user
may have built his own versions of all software.