Question about packages held from Sarge

I tracked Sid for a while on my workstations and recently (about 3 months ago)
decided to go to Sarge since I would like my stations to track Sarge when it
goes stable.  There are some packages that have been held back from Sarge,
like mozilla-mplayer[0] and java-package[1] because of dependency issues. Both
of these packages affect packages which depend on packages which are not in
Debian--mplayer and JDKs/JREs, repsectively.  I recall seeing that work was
being done to resolve these issues, especially since many java-related packages
fall into this situation.  I am wondering if anyone knows if these will be
resolved soon, as I am (and I am sure others are) trying to minimize the number
of packages I need to manually track outside of Sarge.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=mozilla-mplayer
[1] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=java-package