Re: Reboot in postinst

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:06:55PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I disagree. You should warn the administrator that he has to do that.
> Especially just restarting ssh is _very_ wrong IMHO, because it can
> easily kill the only access to a remote computer.

Restarting sshd doesn't kill existing sessions. You clearly have an
existing session because you're using it to upgrade.

I think it's better to restart sshd (and possibly have to clean up the
occasional problem) than to have it silently continue running using old
libraries with security issues.

Cheers,