Re: xfce-goodies - help needed; Rudy Godoy MIA?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:50:55AM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > There are currently 11 orphaned xfce4-* packages in unstable, including
> > three that have just been removed from testing due to RC bugs that went
> > virtually unnoticed since the last upload in May.
>
> I know the -goodies packages are in bad shape.
>
> > Please take some time to help figure out what should be done with
> > these packages -- cleaned up/adopted, or removed from the archive --
> > before ITPing more packages in the xfce4 namespace.
>
> Sure.  I think for sarge they can be cleaned up/updated.  I've just
> finished a stretch getting the 22 packages for the main body of xfce4
> for 4.2.0 for experimental sorted this weekend so I'm a bit knackered
> currently.
>
> To be honest I'd been expecting others to sort out the -plugins for
> sarge given people had said they would.

Hi Simon,

Being the maintainer that parented the xfce4-goodies Debian packages I
feel somewhat responsible for the current state that they're in. I only
have so much time free to work on them since I switched over to working
with the Debian-GNOME team, but since a freeze is "coming soon (TM)", I
would be willing to help co-maintain them and get them back on the road
again.

Apart from time constraints, I've been reluctant to update xfce4-goodies
again since I don't have XFce 4.2 libraries to build against.

One thing that would get the ball moving again would be to check
everything into a svn.debian.org tree so that almost anyone can chip in
(just like in pkg-gnome).

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

	Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"