Re: xfce-goodies - help needed; Rudy Godoy MIA?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 10:20:49PM -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> Citando Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li>:

> > I know the -goodies packages are in bad shape.

> > > Please take some time to help figure out what should be done with
> > > these packages -- cleaned up/adopted, or removed from the archive --
> > > before ITPing more packages in the xfce4 namespace.

> > Sure.  I think for sarge they can be cleaned up/updated.  I've just
> > finished a stretch getting the 22 packages for the main body of xfce4
> > for 4.2.0 for experimental sorted this weekend so I'm a bit knackered
> > currently.

> > To be honest I'd been expecting others to sort out the -plugins for
> > sarge given people had said they would.

> Hi,

> > Rudy Godoy seemed interested at one point but now his mail is bouncing
> > though I'm ccing him again in case it got fixed.

> I've already had the new revisions waiting for a while at mentors.debian.net
> I've asked a couple (or more) of times for sponsoring at -mentors and
> to the xfce team withouth luck. Didn't "pushed" that much anyway, I
> mean talk to my actual sponsors, I was going to do ask for it in these
> days.

If you have fixes for the release-critical bugs on xfce4-diskperf-plugin and
xfce4-showdesktop plugin, and are planning to adopt these packages, I would
be willing to sponsor these uploads if you can point me to the source
packages.  In general, if you're looking to adopt a package with RC bugs and
you have packages that need sponsoring, I would recommend posting your
packages' URL to the BTS; the choice between sponsoring a maintainer upload,
and removing the package from testing, is usually an easy one.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer