Re: Legal budget and Director-and-officer insurance related to packages with "adult" themes

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 02:59:53AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 02:33:44PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:

>> There are a few people who are most likely to be prosecuted over
>> legal issues in Debian packages that have "adult" themes.

> Oh come on, they're at far greater risk from our overly-permissive
> approach to copyright and patent issues.

A key difference, IMHO, is that only the ( patent | copyright ) holder
can sue over these; mostly anybody can sue over "inappropriate adult
material": parents, grand-parents, cybercafé operators, morality
leagues, ...

--
Lionel