Re: Lintian-induced changes in changelog, hardlinks?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 12:15:11AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I don't want to speak for past lintian maintainers but I seem to remember
> that the lintian philosophy that support this check is that hard-links
> in packages should be exceptional and deserve an lintian-override.
> (The same hold for e.g. suid/sgid binary.)
>
> My personnal opinion is that hard-links inside /usr/bin are OK.
>
> Thanks for maintaining lintian by the way!

Thank you all for your replies.

FYI, lintian trunk currently warns for hardlinks across directories (AFS
is mentioned in the rationale) and in /etc only. The latter is in policy
(breaks conffiles, breaks with some editors).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl