Re: If *-module depends on *-utils, should *-source recommend it?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:05:00AM -0600, Matthew Dempsky wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Recommends means "packages that would be found together with this one in all
> > but unusual installations".  It is not unusual to have a single designated
> > build machine in an organization, which may or may not ever have the final
> > binary packages installed.
>
> Depends on how you interpret usual -- if one were to compare a couple

I thought about this.  It's definitely not "unusual" to want to only
build it.   So Suggest it already :-)

An quick glance at various '-source$' packages show some Suggest
utils/libs; at least one Recommends them, and some leave them out
altogether.

I don't feel like looking but it would be interesting to know if the
resulting -modules package Depends on them and see if that influenced
whether the maintainer Suggested the utils.