Re: rudeness in general

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 11:55 +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 04:17:14PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
[snip]
> I ask people to please make a great effort to be polite and
> "professional" in representing Debian.  Please don't tell newbies to go
> RTFM

Sure you should.

I remember, though, when I was a newbie and didn't know which
manpage to read.  So, I try to point which FM to read.

>      or throw ESR's "smart-questions" FAQ at them, please don't get

The "smart-questions" FAQ was written for a reason.

When someone asks a particularly general question and expects a
detailed answer, he needs to be sent to the FAQ.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Being Politically Correct means always having to say you're
sorry."
Charles Osgood