Re: Hidden timeskew problems might show up on 2.6.x kernels

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 20:32, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:

> After quite a while being puzzled why my package, building fine on my
> computer, failed to be build by my sponsor. Everything indicated
> automake was being run, while it shouldn't.

For the 2,156th time so far, add "AM_MAINTAINER_MODE" to your
configure.{ac,in} -- this disables the Automake rules that regenerate
the auto*tools files if they get outdated, unless
--enable-maintainer-mode is passed to configure.

I'm not surprised you missed it; after all, it's documented almost
everywhere I'd think of looking, mentioned on this mailing list at least
once a week because someone encounters the same problem and the
resolution of dozens of bug reports.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?