Re: logcheck: adduser in preinst?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op do, 30-12-2004 te 22:21 -0800, schreef Don Armstrong:
> > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Todd Troxell wrote:
> > > What do you think about this case?
> >
> > Why not just touch the crontab right after creating the user if
>
> That's probably impossible; the crontab is a cron.d-style script that is
> unpacked with the rest of the files.

As far as I can tell, nothing would stop you from touching this file
in the postinst. Doing so would cause cron to notice that the file had
changed and reload it, thus causing it to not error out with the now
created user, and obviating the need to send cron a HUP to get it to
realize that the user now exists.

(Perhaps I've missed something blatently obvious, but it seems simple
to me.)

Don Armstrong

--
Our days are precious, but we gladly see them going
If in their place we find a thing more precious growing