Corrupt system after installing e!

After installing e! 0.16 from the unstable branch I tried to restart X (Ctrl-Alt-BackSp). My system locked up and after a hard reboot nothing seems to work anymore. Starting any application fails with an error stating that shared libraries cant be loaded.

Dpkg is forked stating : “dpkg-query: parse error, in file /var/lib/dpkg/available near line 1: EOF after field name”.

System is unstable ( installed it just today ). Any suggestions? Please cc me as I am not subscribed to the list.