Re: remove me from call*wave

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 12:30:17PM +0000, paddy wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 11:37:59AM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > Scripsit Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org>

> > > How badly do I want to reply back to this turkey asking him for his card
> > > numbers, expiries, and whatnot.
> >
> > Actually he is the first callwave poster who appears to be able to
> > construct grammatically correct sentences with standard English
> > capitalization and punctiation. What _I_ want to reply with is a
> > polite enquiry to find out where he picked up the idea that
> > debian-devel was an appropriate address to write to.
> >
> > In fact, I think I'll just do so.
>
> Remember to mention duelling banjos and hot babes.

In fact, isn't it about time someone put up a page along the lines of

	http://lists.debian.org/google_me_harder.html

explaining the phenomenom, and providing helpful links to

	sheet music,
 	medical advice for children with fevers,
	callwave's accounting department

and whatever else comes along.

Threads like this would then tend to terminate in a link to the
google_me_harder page, and the wizbang search index weighting
algo-thingies would do their magic, saving joe sixpack from the
onerous task of using his/her brain.

Mind you, I'll miss these threads.

'Spose I'll just have to go and work on that bayes db that
recognizes broken out-of-office messages.

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall